Project Manager (UK/EU)
Biosero, Inc. is a fast-paced and rapidly growing company focused on Life Science automation.
We are looking for a Project Manager position for UK/EU market, with US East Cost support when required. This role is an opportunity to work in a highly creative, fast paced & motivational environment with an extremely talented, fun, passionate team with high integrity. The Project Manager works extensively with the account management, software, integrations, and engineering teams to apply Biosero’s operational excellence to their region. They ensure that all projects are delivered on-time and within scope and budget. They must love working in an extremely fast paced environment, have a passion for details, and possess superior problem-solving skills.
Our team is passionate about our mission to enable discoveries in life science by coupling our software platforms with data and robotics. Our customers are excited to work with us because our team is creative and passionate about ensuring their success with everyday automation.
Employment type – Full-time | Benefits – Medical, dental, life insurance, and matching 401k
- Manage software, integration, and automation projects internally from project initiation though delivery and sign-off.
- Establish project goals and implementation plans; develop detailed, cross functional, realistic timelines; plan for resource requirements and contingencies, estimate buffers, etc.
- Ensure that requirements are met, and customer satisfaction is balanced with company’s profit margin.
- Manage scope creep within projects through proper documentation and process driven milestones.
- Evaluate the impact of project changes and adjust implementation activities to meet revised schedule. Clearly communicate any changes and the impact to original plan to the cross-functional team and senior management in a timely fashion, as needed.
- Work with external vendors to ensure equipment and parts are purchased and delivered according to project timeline and specifications, with price negotiation being critical. Function as the main contact for third party vendors as needed.
- Interface with other disciplines, customers, internal clients, project staff and internal and external experts as required.
- Proactively communicate with customers, and sales/service team as needed throughout the project. Coordinate and communicate all milestones within the projects from kick off meetings, documentation, facilities meetings, FAT/SAT close meetings, and include appropriate resources as needed.
- Anticipate and mitigate all project risks, including all documentation going to or from the customer. Understand organizational issues and underlying causes to make judgments; recognize the impact and interconnections in the organization and with management as needed; develop and recommend alternatives that support project strategies.
- Work with cross functional groups to ensure that buffers are established appropriately. Adjust schedules when appropriate. Provide updates to senior management.
- Conduct project reviews with the intent to improve the internal processes and ensure consistency. Share lessons learned within the company. Recommend innovative ways to improve performance, quality and enhance profitability on an ongoing basis; modify work processes and procedures as needed.
- Mediate conflicts and take initiative to resolve them constructively; divert tensions away from individuals and toward work issues; probe for root causes of problems, collaborate to find mutually beneficial solutions, propose action steps, and assist in implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or biological sciences.
- Project Management Professional “PMP” or PRINCE2 certification required.
- 3+ years of technical project management experience.
- Ability to motivate teams.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to lead meetings, and teams of people to project completion; strong ability to follow through, follow up and follow process
- Ability to balance competing interests such as, customer and company goals.
- Outgoing personality with the ability to resolve issues and manage tasks to completion.
- Ability to identify and manage areas of risk in customer’s documentation/specifications or in other aspects of the project.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Teams, Office, Excel, Project, Visio and SharePoint.
- Strong work ethic with an excellent ability to work with teams.
- Intermittent travel to customers’ sites as needed (COVID restrictions apply).
- Some experience with laboratory automation, robotics, LIMS and some engineering and/or biology background is a strong plus.
- Ability to lead and work closely with Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineers, Facilities managers, Applications scientists will be critical.
- Ability to concept, write, and quote change order requests.
- Ability to write or assist with the writing or editing of FAT/SAT or URS documentation as needed.
- Strong initiative and ability to be flexible with changing needs throughout projects on internal to company.