Applications Consulting Scientist
(San Francisco, CA)
Applications Consulting Scientist (San Francisco, CA)
Biosero, Inc. is a fast-paced and rapidly growing company focused on Life Science automation.
Biosero, Inc. is the leader in life science integration and the premier software company for automation workflows. Our award-winning software and engineering solutions are placed in top accounts worldwide, including the top: pharmaceutical, agricultural, clinical, diagnostics and biotech companies. The work we do impacts the world by accelerating productivity, discovery & cures. Our team works collaboratively with our customers to help amplify their results and speed to impact the world. Biosero is the fastest growing software company in the life sciences space.
Our work environment is very fast-paced, filled with “A Team players” that work under pressure because they understand their impact on our customers and our customers impact to the world. We are looking for another “A Team” player to fill one of our exclusive positions, Applications Consulting Scientist, based in San Francisco, CA. This role is an opportunity to work in a highly creative, fast paced & motivational environment with an extremely talented, fun, passionate team with high integrity.
Top 100 Places to work in San Diego (#8), Top 10 Genomics companies in San Diego, Nominated for CEO of the Year (2018-2021), Top 50 Most Influential People in San Diego 2020, Nominated for COO of the Year (2019-2021), Nominated CTO of the Year (2021), Most Innovative Product Award 2021, CEO of the Year 2021.
As an Applications Consulting Scientist, you will work with the customer and Sales Account Managers to identify the workflow requirements, design an automation solution and demonstrate the Green Button Go scheduling software. The design may include the use of customer specified automation friendly instrumentation (where provided), or recommended alternatives to fulfill the necessary processes. The automation solution also includes the development of the workflow in our automation scheduling software, Green Button Go. As required, this position will include travel for collaborative meetings with customers to build relations and gather requirements for the planned automation workcells.
The customer needs and your automation solutions will contribute to the continued improvement of the Green Button Go software suite and development of new software products.
Our team is passionate about our mission to enable discoveries in life science by coupling our software platforms with data and robotics. Our customers are excited to work with us because our team is creative and passionate about ensuring their success with everyday automation.
Employment type – Full-time | Benefits – Medical, dental, life insurance, and matching 401k
- Be a resource for pre-sales opportunities that can speak to the customer with relevant workflow questions and have a good technical acumen to: (a) collaboratively determine needs of the project, (b) determine & mitigate any risks to the project, and (c) assemble a statement of work (SOW) that will clearly outline what Biosero will deliver as an automated solution.
- Understand the customer’s needs for success through the familiarity with automation friendly equipment and processes to design successful automated solutions within the Green Button Go workflow.
- Identify workflow scenarios that require significant development and customization that may also become potential risks during the design and implementation phases.
- Be a conduit to transfer important information within the Applications & other technical teams (Integrations & Software) to best support the implementation phase and other consultative projects.
- Engage with customers and Biosero partners to help ensure the successful deployment and implementation of the product delivery.
- Where possible, contribute to marketing efforts to generate material that will promote Biosero products.
- Provide customer training on the Green Button Go workflow as required.
- Bachelors degree in Life Science, Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related subjects with 3 to 5 years of practical hands-on laboratory experience. Advanced degrees and specialization may be beneficial but not required.
- Past experience with laboratory automation manufacturers (Agilent, ThermoFisher Scientific & HighRes) and their instrumentation.
- Excellent creativity, analytical, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to travel (including internationally) 30-50%
Preferred Candidate Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills with an emphasis on ability to present effectively to a diverse audience
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills; strong team player
- Ability to coordinate and execute upon multiple priorities within demanding and tight timelines.
- Ability to be flexible, innovative and creative while working smartly in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Proactive in maintaining an awareness of current and emerging technologies/trends in the life sciences research sector
- Ability to work independently with little oversight