You will create software that changes the world! Biosero implements robotic automation in laboratories, primarily related to medical research and diagnostics. Our primary software product is Green Button Go, a powerful laboratory scheduler that is used to control laboratory robots. As a software engineer, you will help with the development and deployment of this product and its peripherals. The position is full-time and benefits include medical, dental, life insurance and matching 401k.
- Create, write, and automate test cases
- Validation and testing of software against laboratory hardware and full end-to-end workflows
- Maintain well organized records and generate historical analysis of test results.
- Support overall QA activities including manual test execution as needed
- Work with the team to ensure that new features being built are tested appropriately
- Work with other developers to identify the right testing strategies on enhancements and bug fixes
- Write custom applications, scripts, and components to help automate test activities
- 1+ year(s) of experience in test automation or system troubleshooting (biology/chemistry/robotics; hardware or software)
- Knowledge and experience writing and executing tests & test plans
- Proficiency in C# and Object-oriented programming concepts
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (such as Git)
- Proven ability to implement new and creative ways to make the testing process more efficient
- An ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and maintain strong working relationships within a multi-disciplinary team
- We are not able to offer sponsorship, so valid candidates MUST have either US citizenship or a Green Card.
Preferred Candidate Attributes
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Biology/Chemistry/Bioengineering
- Basic wet laboratory or robotics experience
- Knowledge of basic cloud infrastructure and technologies (Azure, AWS, IBM Cloud, etc.)
- Understanding of performance tests, load tests, UI tests, Integration tests
- Experience with SQL, .NET, or PowerShell/Bash languages
- Knowledge of modern DevOps tooling and practices using Azure DevOps.
- Have good oral and written communication skills and can communicate effectively across disciplines.
- Can work within a fast paced, multidisciplinary, and dynamic environment.