Human Resources Manager
Biosero, Inc. is a fast-paced and rapidly growing company focused on Life Science automation.
We are looking for an impactful team member to fill one of our exclusive positions based in San Diego, CA. This role is an opportunity to work in a motivational environment with an extremely talented, fun, passionate, and honest team. The ideal candidate will have experience in recruitment, new hire orientation and onboarding, employee relations and engagement. Candidates must be comfortable presenting on various HR topics, managing a variety of projects, have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and have strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail. In addition, you will build strong relationships with our company’s managers in order to help them with their human resource needs.
Our team is passionate about our mission to enable discoveries in life science by coupling our software platforms with data and robotics. Our customers are excited to work with us because our team is creative and passionate about ensuring their success with everyday automation.
Employment type – Full-time | Benefits – Medical, dental, life insurance, and matching 401k
- Recruit, interview and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions, including creation and review of job descriptions and job design, managing job listings; collaborating with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings. Build warm and active candidate pipelines within the industry focus
- Prepare offers, terms of employment and assist in onboarding and training new employees
- Prepare new hire paperwork and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process
- Write and present on human resources policies and practices. Coordinate and participate in management training relating to topics, such as, interviewing, hiring, promoting, safety and sexual harassment
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Oversee governmental regulatory mandates and ensure filings are performed as required
- Oversee annual survey participation for Best Companies, Best Places to Work, Healthiest Employer and other related surveys
- Coordinate and implement employee recognition programs
- Promote HR programs to create and foster a positive employee experience
- Maintain and file employee records and electronic and paper forms
- Aide in the forecasting of departmental budgets
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or business; PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred
- At least 4 years of human resources experience. Work experience should include knowledge of human resources, employee engagement, benefits administration, and compliance or other related experience
- Experience with Paychex a plus
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills and integrity to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of Human Resources processes and terminology
- Demonstrate analytical skills and ability to create useful and actionable reports from data
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline
- Strong attention to detail and ability to edit and proofread
- Possess a curious and creative outlook with a problem-solving attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Knowledgeable and familiar with company policies, procedures and regulations regarding employee benefit issues and privacy requirements and the ability to appropriately spot employment risk issues