Biosero, Inc. is a fast-paced and rapidly growing company focused on Life Science automation. We are looking for an impactful team member to fill one of our exclusive positions, Automation Field Service Engineer (FSE), based in the United Kingdom and supporting all of Europe. This role is an opportunity to work in a motivational environment with an extremely talented, fun, passionate, and honest team. Our team provides customers with future-proof platforms that use best-in-class components in an environment where technology is continually evolving. Our customers are excited to work with us because our team is creative and passionate about ensuring their success with everyday automation. Our team is passionate about our mission to enable discoveries in life science by coupling our software platforms with data and robotics. Our customers are excited to work with us because our team is creative and passionate about ensuring their success with everyday automation.
Employment type – Full-time | Benefits – Medical, dental, life insurance, and matching 401k
The successful candidate will oversee all post-sales support and service in the UK, Europe and Switzerland for Biosero’s key account customer base of Integrated Workcells and Automation Software. Perform installations of new Integrated Workcells and a variety of standalone equipment, routine maintenance, repairs, corrective updates as well as remote support. Work closely with sales, applications, software, and integrations team members to assure customer success and account growth. Position requires up to 70% travel.
- Work closely with all Biosero customers to support Green Button Go scheduling software, GBG Suite software products, and Transfer Map liquid handling software.
- Work closely with Biosero product support to repair, document, and improve the performance of all products.
- Perform installation, SAT, maintenance, and fast-response repair of integrated workcells, automation software, and standalone laboratory equipment, including acoustic dispensers and all Biosero supplied/supported products.
- Maintain accurate and timely service documentation, servicing database information, routine reporting of expenses, and spare parts inventory management.
- Ensure compliance to SOPs and established methods for all servicing activities.
- Promote and support service agreement sales.
- Regularly write technical documentation, including knowledge base articles, service notes, technical bulletins, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Maintain focus on quality support of Biosero accounts in collaboration with Biosero Territory Manager.
- Work with applications team to establish customer workflow needs.
- Represent Biosero and the Biosero brand to our customers with professionalism and a service mindset.
Preferred Candidate Attributes
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or in Life Sciences with CS experience. University degree or vocational equivalent will be considered, preferably with background in lab automation and scheduling software.
- Programming experience using .NET framework, preferably C# and/or python. Any experience controlling devices using ethernet, USB or RS232 would be advantageous.
- Experience supporting customers remotely a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in laboratory equipment or field software support required.
- Working knowledge of programming, and biopharmaceutical and research applications a plus.
- Ability to debug networking issues.
- Proven troubleshooter/problem solver with strong analytic skills and a determination to find win/win solutions.
- Must be comfortable in role as subject matter expert and trainer; perform customer training and live software demonstrations.
- Ability to work at customer sites and regularly travel up to 70%.
- Ability to work independently, with excellent organizational and time management skills with a mind for responsibility and accountability.
- Strong customer service and customer relationship skills.
- Valid driver’s license.