Software Engineer, Solutions
(San Diego, CA)
Software Engineer, Solutions (San Diego, CA)
Location: San Diego, CA
Biosero, Inc. is a fast-paced and rapidly growing company focused on Life Science automation. We are looking for a talented software engineer passionate about creating software that changes the world! As a Projects Team member, you will help develop custom applications, data integration, drivers, and plugins for Biosero Green Button Go® Software — a powerful laboratory scheduler used to control robots and instruments in automated systems. In this role, you will work with cutting-edge Life Science scheduling software, robotics, instruments, big data, and analytics, working closely with customers to ensure our solutions meet their needs. Our team is passionate about our mission to enable discoveries in life science by coupling our software platforms with data and robotics. Our customers are excited to work with us because our team is creative and passionate about ensuring their success with automation every day.
Employment type – Full-time | Benefits – Medical, dental, life insurance, and matching 401k
- Develop instrument control drivers using .NET/C# for Green Button Go software.
- Test and deploy drivers and support other teams in the use and implementation of Green Button Go drivers.
- Work with the team and independently to develop custom software solutions for laboratory automation and integration, then test and deploy those solutions in the lab.
- Work with customers to gather requirements and implement custom solutions that fit their needs.
- Integrate Biosero software solutions with a wide variety of data and informatics systems.
- Contribute to the development of new software products.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Biology/Bio-Engineering or comparable experience. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered, preferably with some knowledge of lab automation and scheduling software.
- Excellent programming skills in one or more of these programming languages (C#, Java, C++, Python)
- Working knowledge of communication technologies (Serial, TCP/IP, CAN, etc.) and the ability to debug networking issues.
- Occasionally travel to customer sites for developing GBG methods and to resolve software and driver issues.
- Proven troubleshooter/problem solver with strong analytic skills and a determination to find win/win solutions. An ability to think strategically and to learn the rules that run our scheduler is a must.
- We are not able to offer sponsorship, so valid candidates MUST have either US citizenship or a Green Card.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written, and an ability to communicate effectively with customers.
Preferred Candidate Attributes
- Experience in Pharma/Life Sciences industry and using laboratory instruments preferred.
- Experience managing bug tracking and resolution efforts.
- An interest in logic puzzles and strategic challenges.
- Experience using and building applications using Cloud Infrastructure and technologies (Azure, AWS, IBM Cloud, etc.)