Software Engineer, Software Projects Team
Software Engineer, Software Projects Team (United Kingdom)
Biosero, Inc. is a fast-paced and rapidly growing company focused on Life Science automation.
We are looking for Software Engineer to work within our Software Projects team to develop what we refer to as Drivers and Plugins that extend one of our core products, our scheduling software, Green Button Go® Scheduler. The role also involves supporting our UK/EU Integrations team for the development, build and delivery of our automated solutions that use our products.
The ideal candidate will have enthusiasm for robotics and software, who enjoys coding, ideally with C#. In this role, you will be responsible to support the team for a variety of tasks, such as interfacing with laboratory devices, consuming web services and teaching robotic arms. We are looking for someone who values quality and reliability but is not afraid to take risks and the boundaries of technology to ultimately delver the best solution for our customers. We want a team player, who enjoys collaborating and sharing ideas but is equally comfortable working autonomously and intuitively to get the work done. This role is home-based out of the UK, supporting our customers in the UK and Europe is an opportunity to work within a motivational environment with an extremely talented, fun, passionate, and honest team.
Our team is passionate about our mission to enable discoveries in life science by coupling our software platforms with data and robotics. Our customers are excited to work with us because our team is creative and passionate about ensuring their success with everyday automation.
Employment type – Full-time
- Develop drivers and plugins for Green Button Go® Scheduler, one of our core products.
- Provide software coding support to our UK/EU Integrations team during the design, build and delivery phase of projects.
- Assist in the development of innovation projects to showcase in our Acceleration Lab in San Diego.
- Assist in the development of Green Button Go® methods and in particular any custom scripts and database SQL queries that maybe required.
- Work closely with all Biosero customers to support their Green Button Go installation.
- Assist Biosero platform installations and Site Acceptance Tests at the customer site.
- Responding to requests from the UK/EU Applications Team for custom software work.
- Be an active member of the Biosero software team, to keep up to date with the latest features and share ideas learnt from working with customers.
- Write technical documentation, including knowledge base articles, service notes, technical bulletins, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Support the UK/EU accounts team on software demonstrations that require a high-level of customization.
- Assist with user training as required.
The successful candidate will have the following skill set:
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or in Life Sciences with Computer Science experience. University degree or vocational equivalent will be considered.
- Programming experience using C#. Any experience controlling devices using ethernet, USB or RS232 would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of databases and operating systems, specifically Windows 10.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment.
- Be able to work at customer sites and regularly travel up to 50%.
- Working knowledge of programming, and biopharmaceutical and research applications a plus.
- Capable of working independently, with excellent organizational and time management skills with a mind for responsibility and accountability.