Software Engineer, Green Button Go
(San Diego, CA)
Software Engineer, Green Button Go (San Diego, CA)
Location: San Diego, CA
Biosero, Inc. is a fast-paced and rapidly growing company focused on Life Science automation. We are looking for a talented software engineer passionate about creating software that changes the world! As a software engineer on the product development team, you will help with the development and deployment of Green Button Go® Software — a powerful laboratory scheduler used to control laboratory robots and automated systems — generating, testing, and deploying code. In this role, you will work with cutting-edge Life Science scheduling software, robotics, instrument drivers, big data, and analytics and work closely with customers to debug and resolve software and driver issues. A successful candidate will have a passion for good coding practices and an aptitude for solving intricate puzzles.
Employment type – Full-time | Benefits – Medical, dental, life insurance, and matching 401k
- Develop software features and applications using .NET/C# for Biosero’s flagship Green Button Go scheduling software as well as other lab automation products
- Improve products through bug resolutions, testing, and documentation
- Participate in Product Development Team meetings
- Excellent programming skills with a focus on C#, .NET, and WPF.
- Proven troubleshooter and problem solver with strong analytic skills and a determination to find win/win solutions. An ability to think strategically and to learn the rules that run our scheduler is a must.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Biology/Bioengineering. Experience in place of degree will be considered, preferably with a lab automation and scheduling software background.
- Valid candidates MUST have either US citizenship or a Green Card. We cannot offer sponsorship at this time.
Preferred Candidate Attributes
- Experience in Pharma/Life Sciences industry and using laboratory instruments from Beckman, Tecan, Agilent, etc.
- An interest in logic puzzles and strategic challenges
- Experience with all aspects of the product lifecycle
- Demonstrable experience using and building applications using Cloud Infrastructure and technologies — Azure, AWS, IBM Cloud, etc.
- Working knowledge of communication technologies — Serial, TCP/IP/CAN, etc. — and possess the ability to debug networking issues
- Have good oral and written communication skills and communicate effectively with customers