(San Diego, CA)
QA Engineer (San Diego, CA)
You will create software that changes the world! Biosero implements robotic automation in laboratories, primarily related to medical research and diagnostics. Our primary software product is Green Button Go, a powerful laboratory scheduler that is used to control laboratory robots. As a software engineer, you will help with the development and deployment of this product and its peripherals. The position is full-time and benefits include medical, dental, life insurance and matching 401k.
- Create, write and automate test cases
- Help develop automation test strategy and approach
- Manage automation activities and provide status to stakeholders on accessing overall progress and completion
- Maintain well organized records and generate historical analysis of test results.
- Support overall QA activities such as development of Test Approach, Test Cases and manual test execution as needed
- Work with a product development team to ensure new features being built are tested appropriately
- Work with developers to identify the right testing strategies on enhancements and bug fixes
- 3+ years of experience in test automation
- Knowledge and experience writing and executing tests & test plans
- Understanding of performance tests, load tests, UI tests, Integration tests
- Experience with SQL, .NET, PowerShell/Bash languages
- A good understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (such as Git)
- Proven ability to implement new and creative ways to make the testing process more efficient
- We are not able to offer sponsorship, so valid candidates MUST have either US citizenship or a Green Card.
Preferred Candidate Attributes
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and technologies (Azure, AWS, IBM Cloud, etc.)
- Familiarity testing against both relational databases (SQL Server) and non-relational databases (CosmosDB, MongoDB)
- Experience with modern DevOps tooling and practices using Azure DevOps.
- Have good oral and written communication skills and communicate effectively with customers