Field Automation Integration Specialist
Field Automation Integration Specialist (Boston, MA)
Biosero, Inc. is a fast-paced and rapidly growing company focused on Life Science automation.
Biosero, Inc. is the leader in life science integration and the premier software company for automation workflows. Our award-winning software and engineering solutions are placed in top accounts worldwide, including the top: pharmaceutical, agricultural, clinical, diagnostics and biotech companies. The work we do impacts the world by accelerating productivity, discovery & cures. Our team works collaboratively with our customers to help amplify their results and speed to impact the world. Biosero is the fastest growing software company in the life sciences space.
Our work environment is very fast-paced, filled with “A Team players” that work under pressure because they understand their impact on our customers and our customers impact to the world. We are looking for another “A Team” player to fill one of our exclusive positions, Field Automation Integrations Specialist (FAIS), based in Boston MA. This role is an opportunity to work in a highly creative, fast paced & motivational environment with an extremely talented, fun, passionate team with high integrity.
Top 100 Places to work in San Diego (#8), Top 10 Genomics companies in San Diego, Nominated for CEO of the Year (2018-2021), Top 50 Most Influential People in San Diego 2020, Nominated for COO of the Year (2019-2021), Nominated CTO of the Year (2021), Most Innovate Product Award 2021, CEO of the Year 2021
The FAIS will assist our robotic automation team build and deliver world-changing laboratory and industrial robotic automation systems. They will then support, maintain, troubleshoot and repair the hardware and software on these integrated systems. The FAIS will also service other laboratory instruments (stand alone or integrated) such as mobile robots, collaborative robots, plate sealers, capper-decappers and liquid handlers.
Our team is passionate about our mission to enable discoveries in life science by coupling our software platforms with data and robotics. Our customers are excited to work with us because our team is creative and passionate about ensuring their success with everyday automation.
Employment type – Full-time | Benefits – Medical, dental, life insurance, and matching 401k
- Oversee all post-sales support and service in the New England Territory for Biosero’s key account customer base of Integrated Workcells and Automation Software.
- Conduct site-installation on a variety of standalone equipment, perform routine maintenance, repairs and corrective updates.
- Maintain accurate and timely service documentation, servicing database information, routine reporting of expenses, and spare parts inventory management.
- Ensure compliance to SOPs and established methods for all servicing activities.
- Conduct Operational Acceptance Testing of components for our projects.
- Assemble automation workcells and custom engineering projects.
- Configure electrical, pneumatic, and communications on automation workcells and custom engineering projects.
- Conduct Green Button Go instrumentation driver testing.
- Develop and test Green Button Go application processes for automation workcells and custom engineering projects.
- Conduct site-installation and customer training of automation workcells and custom engineering projects
- Work closely with all Biosero customers to support Green Button Go scheduling software, GBG Suite software products, and Transfer Map liquid handling software.
- Work closely with sales, applications, software, and integrations team members to assure customer success and account growth.
- Promote and support service agreement sales.
- Regularly write technical documentation, including knowledge base articles, service notes, technical bulletins, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Maintain focus on quality support of Biosero accounts in collaboration with Biosero Territory Manager.
- Work with applications team to establish customer workflow needs.
- Represent Biosero and the Biosero brand to our customers with professionalism and a service mindset.
- An associates or bachelor’s degree in a physical science such as engineering, computer, mechanical or a life sciences degree with computer science experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in laboratory equipment or field software support required.
- Ability to debug networking issues.
- Proven troubleshooter/problem solver with strong analytic skills and a determination to find win/win solutions.
- Must be comfortable in role as subject matter expert and trainer; perform customer training and live software demonstrations.
- Ability to work at customer sites and regularly travel up to 70%.
- Ability to work independently, with excellent organizational and time management skills with a mind for responsibility and accountability.
- Strong customer service and customer relationship skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
Preferred Candidate Attributes
- Experience in Pharma/Life Sciences industry and using laboratory instruments from Hamilton, Beckman, Tecan, Agilent, etc. preferred.
- Programming experience using .NET framework, preferably C# and/or python. Any experience controlling devices using ethernet, USB or RS232.
- Experience supporting customers remotely.
- Working knowledge of biopharmaceutical and research applications.
- Experience with laboratory equipment and automation scheduling software.
- Programming or scripting experience.