2021: What a Year It’s Been!
After a second year of the COVID-19 pandemic, we won’t exactly be sorry to see 2021 in our rearview mirror. But despite the challenges, we celebrated many bright spots with the Biosero team this year. Here’s a look.
Just this month, Biosero was acquired by BICO, an international organization committed to creating the future of health by converging biology and technology. As our team becomes part of the BICO family, we will be able to accelerate our mission to serve our customers, expand our team, strengthen our resources, and reach more laboratories with Biosero-powered scientific innovation.
We will continue with our instrument-agnostic approach to laboratory automation, delivering industry-leading software for orchestrating and scheduling robots, instruments, and workstations. Our customers will get the same dedicated service and support they’ve come to expect — but now we’ll be bringing it to even more labs around the world.
2021 was a good year for Biosero’s trophy case — We don’t really have a trophy case, but wouldn’t that be cool? We were honored to win several awards recognizing our work and our terrific team.
- CEO of the Year: Tom Gilman
- CTO of the Year: David Dambman
- Top 50 Best Places to Work – three years running!
- Women of Influence in the Life Sciences: Ruth Petersen, Evelyne Ploquin, and Andrea Salazar
- 2021 BIG Innovation Award: Green Button Go® Automation Scheduling Software
- SD 500 – The Most Influential People in San Diego: Tom Gilman – Health and Science
The “WHY” Project
At Biosero, we know that people are motivated by many different things — and tapping into that passion is a vital part of making a team function effectively. In that spirit, we created the “WHY” Project in 2019 to give our team members a chance to focus on what drives them. We’ve used the outcome of that effort to guide our corporate philanthropy ever since.
This year, Biosero supported a number of charities and deserving groups. They included:
- Team Inspiration, an award-winning robotics team we’ve supported for several years
- Girls Inc. of San Diego, a nonprofit dedicated to helping girls overcome barriers
- MS Society – Grape Day 5K
- Alzheimer’s San Diego
- Helen Woodward Animal Center
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Feeding San Diego
- Casa del Amparo
We hope that you and yours made the most of 2021, and all of us here at Biosero wish you a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year!
Interested in doing work that matters, consider joining Team Biosero.